2016 – What Are You Up To Today

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays 2016 – What Are You Up To Today

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dasher Dasher 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Merry
    Merry
    Participant

Rather than a “What Are You Doing Now”, I thought a what are you doing today thread might give us more room to gab.

Gab away folks! :1smiley008:

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Sister and I went to a Christmas bazaar today. It was in our hometown and I guess it was ok for a first attempt. But it wasnt what I am used too, lots of people pushing the MLM products like Rodan Fields and Plexus. I was thinking Christmas goodies but no such luck. So we left and went to the big flea market there and I hit the mother load! Lots of vintage ornies!!

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Awesome! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed – worked four hours, then came home, made lunch, intended to get my Xmas cards done and fell asleep. Then had a real estate class tonight online, in between playing with my daughter. Just feeling like there’s not enough time in the day lately.

Christy Carol
    Participant

I heard on the radio tonight that the average American women spends 72 hours working just on Christmas between Thanksgiving and Christmas day. Decorating, cards, cooking, shopping, etc. 72 hours!! I totally agree with that. I plan on doing as little as possible over the next two weeks. Watching Christmas movies will be about it.

Im thinking about getting some supper. Just not sure what I want.

Profile photo of sleighride2
    sleighride2
    Participant

Doing more baking and candy making for christmas and enjoying the carols of Christmas.

Profile photo of ChristmasRose
    ChristmasRose
    Participant

Enjoying a ‘snow day’ off work..! Same thing happened last Thursday, too. Getting ready to heat up a cup of eggnog and work on my cross-stitching, (while listening to a Hallmark Christmas movie as background…) 🙂

sleighride2
    Participant

Enjoying some hot coffee and my applecider muffin while i find a good christmas movie to watch.

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

A Christmas movie… what a splendid idea with just 8 days to go 🙂

Well, having just found out that I am now an admin here at the new TC site, I’ve just been looking over the controls to re-familiarize myself with bbPress (it’s been a while since I used bbPress). Other than that, just had a nice cup of coffee and a sausage biscuit and now going to just relax and enjoy this Saturday morning 🙂

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Nursing my cold and hanging out with mom and my daughter – watching Frozen – for the zillionth time!

Profile photo of ChristmasRose
    ChristmasRose
    Participant

Wrapping gifts, and baking pies and gingerbread, (with the 1938 movie “A Christmas Carol” for  background..!)  🙂

sleighride2
    Participant

Getting my home set up for our family gathering later on.Merry Christmas Eve Everyone.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Finally getting around to watching all the Christmas movies and specials Ive recorded over the season.  Up next, Nestor the Long Eared Donkey.  Better grab the tissue box!

Profile photo of HollyKing
    HollyKing
    Participant

Better grab the tissue box!

I have much the same reaction to A Christmas Carol – regardless of the version.

Christmas has been taken down and put away – except for the Yule Log and the Christmas tree. This is a new Yule Log – got it about two weeks before Christmas – and I still need to decorate it. (My Yule Log decor tends to be permanent.) the Christmas tree? It’s new, too, and I need to decide where I’m going to store it.

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

Christmas trees and lights are down and put away for another year.  The outdoor roof lights were taken down yesterday.  Back to “normal” I guess.

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

Tonight is movie night with the kids.  We’re watching the new animated Batman movie.  Adam West and Burt Ward a voicing Batman and Robin.  It’s not bad except that Bruce Wayne sounds old when the characters are supposed to be no older than they were in 1966.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.