Almost time for Christmas wine!

Home Page Forums Festive Foods Almost time for Christmas wine!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ChristmasRose ChristmasRose 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Well, let’s see, it’s Nov. 12 and Thanksgiving is the 24th – that means that I will go pick up my Christmas wine in the next two weeks. (Christmas wine is made by a local winery – it has spices and is so yummy!) My tradition has been to pick it up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving – I do some Xmas shopping, then stop in, have a glass in the winery, then take a bunch of bottles home. But I’m now back to work Tues – Thurs and that week our office is closed Thurs and Fri, so I will probably work Monday – I’m hourly and don’t want to miss hours, esp around the holidays. So I can either pick it up the Friday before or the Monday after. I think the Friday before because I will want to have some Thanksgiving night or over the weekend when I’m decorating. Yay! :bubbly::bubbly::bubbly:

Profile photo of ChristmasRose
    ChristmasRose
    Participant

Has anyone here ever simmered a batch of Gluhwein, (German mulled wine…?)   It’s made using red or white wine and citrus fruit, cloves, cinnamon, sugar and assorted mulling spices.  Served hot.  I’m considering trying my hand at it this Christmas season or sometime this Winter.    🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.