Busy but still around!

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays Busy but still around!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sleighride2 sleighride2 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Just saying hi! I’ve been pretty busy but I still check in here frequently! I am already anxious to get back to the cooler months again and the holidays! 🙂

I hope all you mothers had a wonderful Mother’s Day

Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

It’s sad that the site is so dead.  I come on a few times a week to see if anyone has been here…; Today is DD’s last full day of school for the year.  Look out 7th grade, here we come!  DH has a birthday this week, DD has a birthday next week, the next week is our “staycation”, the week after that is my birthday.  We have a full month coming up!

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

It will start picking up again around September/October. A holiday-themed forum can be pretty hard to keep active during the off seasons.

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

We’ve had some busyness around here too.  Not only with Mother’s Day but my parents were visiting for two weeks and my daughter graduated from college.  I need a good two-week vacation.  Soon.

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Im back!!  I needed some time away to focus on a home improvement project I started last year but never finished.  Then I had to go and fall in April and tear two ligaments in my left ankle so the project is still not finished!  My full body bubble wrap suit is in the mail!

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Tim, I’m right there with ya… needing a vacation myself. I’m trying to save some days for the holiday season though.

Christy, you need to be careful girl! And I can relate on the home improvement projects… I have multiple things that need to get done. I need to get started before there are so many its too overwhelming to even consider! LOL

Good to see you two around!

whitney37354
    Participant

Christy—be careful.  It’s had to go camping when you can’t walk!  Enjoy it for me this year—we don’t go again until Labor Day weekend.

This morning I was listening to Christmas music on Pandora while I ironed.  DD wanted to know why I was listening to Christmas music. I told her because it made me happy.  She said, “It makes me happy too!” and we sang a few bars together before she got ready for the day!  Her birthday is Friday & she’ll be 12.  We had to break the “news” about Santa just before Christmas last year when her best friend told her she “needed to ask her parent’s about it”.  We were surprised that we made it until she was 11 to have to give it up, but we were glad. Tears all around, but we made it, though Christmas morning just wasn’t the same.  She’s growing up & we’re enjoying every minute!

Christy Carol
    Participant

Dasher it just seems everything we get ready to start something either one of us breaks down or the weather gets nasty.  Been a wet year so far but Im not complaining.  Except for the skeeters, they are horrible!!

And yes Whitney it sure is!  We got a new camper last weekend and it has 3 steps and sits up very high so it was hard to get in and out.  So I mainly stayed in, I mean a new camper and all.  Who wants to sit outside??  Why arent you guys getting to take a summer trip??  We will be headed out again 4th of July weekend 6 days and I am so ready, boot on my foot and all!!

I guess I didnt realize you had to tell DD about Santa, I bet that was a sad but cherished moment.  But with that tradition ending you can start a new one this year!

Tim Im with ya on vacay, not really gonna get one this year.  I already have over 70 hrs of vacation and PTO but Tom’s doesnt kick in until Sept. so we said we would just take a few long weekends here and there to make up for it.  So that leaves me with all this time and nothing to do with it.  So I decided last week Im gonna take my vacation this year at Christmas!!!  Its slow at work then anyway so I might take the week after Turkey day off to shop, decorate and drink eggnog while watching Christmas movies.  I am already counting the days!!!!!!!!!!!

whitney37354
    Participant

Christy-We went to Washington, DC in March, so that cancelled our plans to go to Florida next week.  I’m still taking the week off since my vacation goes July-June.  DD & I will be hanging out at home.  DH’s vacation runs with the calendar year, so he’ll just save his week until later.  He likes to take off around Christmas too.

Profile photo of sleighride2
    sleighride2
    Participant

I have been busy here as my life has picked up besides crafting i’m also doing many volunteer events here and the rescue work has picked up can’t wait for holiday time as it’s so festive.Hope you all have a good day,it’s humid here but,it’s summer so have to take what comes.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Hi all- SOOOOOO busy here! Insanity. Trying to get real estate biz off the ground, doing marketing three days a week, then with 3 year old, then I’m wiped. Mom came in for a week this summer – she’s thinking about becoming a snowbird and living up here in summer, living in FL in Winter (where she currently lives full time.) Daughter broke her arm last month and started pre-school last week.  Still working on getting her adoption finalized – we had been waiting for the adoption subsidy to come through – lots of paperwork there. That finally went through. Waiting for court date to finalize. Took foster care parent training – hoping to foster a child who will be adopted next year. Now we’re gearing up for daughter’s third heart surgery on Sept. 20 – had an MRI Friday, have a surgeon consult next week, cast coming off her arm this week, then mom’s coming in town before surgery to have some time pre-surgery with us. Then it’s recovery and back to work. Whew!

So hard to have to tell your daughter about Santa – but can’t believe you made it to 11 – that’s pretty darn good! Sorry haven’t checked in sooner. I’m primarily on Facebook and belong to a bunch of groups there. But fall is coming and I realized I haven’t been over here in ages. Hi everyone – hope you’re all well! Let me be the first to wish you happy fall!

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Good to see you around GD! Even though we don’t check in as often, we’re all still around! 🙂

sleighride2
    Participant

I’m still around as well i checked in a few times but,no one was around things are busy for me as my holiday crafting orders have increased so has my baking and confection orders and just got done with fall cleanup.Hard to believe we’re almost into November winter is around the corner and so is my christmas decorating as of the 4th of Nov. house gets decorated for christmas.Good to see a few back hope you have a wonderful day.

Christy Carol
    Participant

You are making me drool, nothing like holiday delicacies!

sleighride2
    Participant

Christy if i could i’d send it through the computer screen lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.