Christmas idea and homemade things

Home Page Forums Crafts & Homemade Gifts Christmas idea and homemade things

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

i honestly think that homemade gifts and decorations mean alot more then store bought, its something to remind you of the fun christmas’s you have had and the memories you cherish, i think that every family should do a craft gor christmas so it gives em something to look back on and they should make videos =) which reminds me, i need to buy a vid camera for my daughters first christmas >.<

Profile photo of ElfinErv
    ElfinErv
    Participant

I prefer to receive homemade gifts, love em
    :1smiley010:

Anonymous

i def agree =)

Anonymous

I agree with you both but you know it seems like crafts are going away. When I was growing up most women could sew and now you don’t see that many women that can sew. Craft shows were on television but they have come off also. With the way things are today everyone should start back learning crafts and spending time with family. Crafts could be a good time spent with families you could accomplish 2 things, make a gift and spend time with your children.

Anonymous

i agree with u there and i love to make things, i have made things for my fiancee for her birthday and a bunch of other times just cuz i love her

Anonymous

that is super Justinisdrakos. she is lucky to have someone like you! 🙂

Anonymous

thank you =)

ElfinErv
    Participant

very sad but you are right

Teresa;25048 wrote:
    I agree with you both but you know it seems like crafts are going away. When I was growing up most women could sew and now you don’t see that many women that can sew. Craft shows were on television but they have come off also. With the way things are today everyone should start back learning crafts and spending time with family. Crafts could be a good time spent with families you could accomplish 2 things, make a gift and spend time with your children.

Anonymous

I do like homemade things but it is also nice to have store bought items

Anonymous

really depends on what it is

ElfinErv
    Participant

homemade eggnog is much better than store bought but I admit I rarely make it

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

There is a trend of women getting back into sewing and knitting – more knitting clubs, etc. A coworker of mine is 26 and she knits. I also heard on the local NPR today that a local high school is bringing back sewing classes. I sew just a little bit – want to learn to knit.

I do think homemade gifts are special – but so can store bought ones. My mom bought me a set of pearl earrings about 10 years ago and I just love them – I’ll wear them all of my life. My mom’s bought me other things – clothes, household stuff – but these are truly special.

Anonymous

@gottadance 31497 wrote:

There is a trend of women getting back into sewing and knitting – more knitting clubs, etc. A coworker of mine is 26 and she knits. I also heard on the local NPR today that a local high school is bringing back sewing classes. I sew just a little bit – want to learn to knit.

I do think homemade gifts are special – but so can store bought ones. My mom bought me a set of pearl earrings about 10 years ago and I just love them – I’ll wear them all of my life. My mom’s bought me other things – clothes, household stuff – but these are truly special.

What a treasure you have, the pearls and the memory! I wish I still had the patience to knit or do fine handwork.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.