Countdown to Christmas 2016!!!

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays Countdown to Christmas 2016!!!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Christy Carol Christy Carol 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Its never to early to start planning!!! But Im afraid I have bad news. 2016 is a Leap Year. So its 366 days until Christmas
    ๐Ÿ™

And that also means we miss our Saturday Christmas so it will start falling in the middle of the week again soon. Im giving whoever came up with Leap Year coal for Christmas!!

Profile photo of Jinglebelle
    Jinglebelle
    Keymaster

I’m putting up my tree! 25 days to go!!

Christy Carol
    Participant

Its going too fast!!!

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Our tree went up this past weekend. An issue that we were having has been resolved and now I am back in the Christmas spirit ๐Ÿ™‚

Christy Carol
    Participant

Monica, are we still having kinks? I am on my side of things

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

Our trees are up, and the house is decorated inside and out. Now we’re enjoying all the twinkling lights and the wonderful Christmas music.

Profile photo of Jinglebelle
    Jinglebelle
    Keymaster

Christy, everything is working, just little things here and there I am working out. I like the features of Vbulletin better – but this is more secure and functional. I am learning the software as I go. We did lose a week of posts tho :/

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

The thing about BBPress is it really doesn’t have all the features of other devoted forum software. However, I think there are a ton of plugins that add a lot of very nice features. One of the first ones I would look at is the editors. I don’t know what version this is, but there was a really great editor for bbpress back when I used it for a forum a while back. It was more user friendly. The one that is here now is a bit technical for those not familiar with code. I did notice that the auto-embed feature works perfectly, as I posted a youtube video this morning and it displays in the post.

One other thing BBPress is missing, and this is a big one for most people, is the ability for the user to view unread posts. I think there is also a plugin for that as well. I also miss the smileys.

Anyway, I love the look of the site JB! 24 days to go! ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

Still trying to figure out my way around here!

Sad news folks: we had to have the “Santa Talk” last night with DD, who is 11. There were too many kids at school telling her Santa wasn’t real & her best friends told her “You need to talk to your mom about that.” DD cried, DH & I wanted to cry, but we made it through & she’s not mad at us. We explained how everything happened and told her how we found out that our parents were the ones who gave us the gifts on Christmas morning. We explained about St. Nicholas & how Santa Claus wasn’t a lie, but more like meeting characters at Disney World. We told her some people don’t let their kids believe in Santa and she understands that she shouldn’t spoil it for other kids.

This morning, she asked about her “Elf on the Shelf” and I had to confess that I’m the one who moves him. I told her she could do it now, but she said she still doesn’t want to touch it until she’s an adult.

I tried to explain that just because she knows, doesn’t mean that Christmas isn’t magical anymore. I told her Christmas Eve is still my favorite day of the year and I still get excited. I’m afraid it still won’t be the same. Our little girl is growing up!

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Whitney that’s a great story, I think you handled that very well. When this happened with our daughter, we told her that we still believe in the idea of Santa Claus.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Aww Whitney, I want to cry! Why do kids have to be so mean? It sounds like you guys did a great job but I can understand her disappointment. Heck we all can. It sounds like she is still trying to keep a little bit of it real, not wanting to mess with the Elf on the Shelf. I think in a way we all want to believe still. And in a way I think once you believe you always will. How can you not?

Profile photo of Merry
    Merry
    Participant

Just getting used to the new site here. Our tree went up last week.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Here it is, less than 20 days before Christmas and I once again am still not finished decorating. Between the new job which keeps me at work til 5 each day, the busy Thanksgiving weekend and now the weather I am nowhere near where I wanted to be by now. It seems like each year I get further and further behind.

I’ve decided what I dont have done by the end of this week just wont get done. And that is mostly the sit around things and the outside lights. I dont mind doing the outside lights a little later if need be but I wanted to house completed by now so I could just sit and enjoy it all. Not out of the game yet, gonna try the next few nights to get everything else completed IF the weather will corporate so I can get out to my storage building. Lows in the teens with ice chances kinda worries me about that though.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Christy Carol Christy Carol.
    Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

Quality over quantity, Christy! Just enjoy.

Christy Carol
    Participant

OH I am but I spent so much time on my trees Im running out of time to put up my knick-knacks and sit arounds. And there are some I must take out each year. I told myself after I wrote this the other night that technically I leave my Christmas up until the 6th of Jan so I still have 4 weeks to enjoy it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.