Countdown to Christmas 2017

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays Countdown to Christmas 2017

This topic contains 28 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sdkluger sdkluger 1 hour, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

129 days!

Oh, Christy Carol….the annual family drama started the first week of August this year; I don’t know if my brother’s family will even join us for Christmas this year.  It’s that bad & I don’t think there will be a recovery from this blow out…

We will adjust & move on, but neither I nor my mother is looking forward to either Thanksgiving or Christmas this year.  It shouldn’t be this way, but you can’t change the mind of a person who always gets their way, has to be right, & has an answer for everything.

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Oh no!!!  It must have a been a bad one!

You say no recovery and thats totally understandable but is there a go-around?  Is there still enough family left to pull something together?  But isnt it the sister that normally is the drama momma?  Send this to your brother from someone else’s phone!

Haha I love madea

whitney37354
    Participant

Sister didn’t have anything to do with this one; this was SIL against my mother.  We will just get together without my brother’s family if it comes to that.

Christy Carol
    Participant

My goodness, that’s even worse, I never got in the middle of family troubles when it involved my mom in law unless hubs told me too.  Sometimes its just best to sit back with your mouth shut.  I do hope things improve atleast if not get totally worked out before then.  But family can be stubborn.  I know this has to upset your mom though.  And dangit that makes ME mad because things can change so quickly and you cant always depend on there being a next year.  Gotta make the most out of right now!

Its bad when the drama starts before the Christmas commercials do.  I dont think we will have any (meaning hopefully not much) drama this year. I dont think either nephew will be able to come in and I probably wont even bring it up to my grams unless she does.  That way she cant string us along for weeks just to hurt our feelings the morning of.  I asked my sis last weekend since it’s just gonna be the 4 of us if she still wanted to do the whole big shebang and I thought she was gonna slap me for asking!  I thought I was being nice for letting her know we didnt have to since she really does the majority of the cooking but she wasnt gonna hear of it.  And that did make me happy even though I didnt let her know!  😀  She said “its always been our biggest holiday and its not changing now” so Im glad she thinks so too.  So it will be small but we will still have a big day just the 4 of us!

whitney37354
    Participant

I know times change & we have to change with them, but DH & I have always tried to keep with traditions as much as we can.  One good thing about only having one child, we’ll tell her we’ll be at home, if you can just come by to celebrate Christmas some time between Thanksgiving & New Year’s Day & let us know when you’re coming!

whitney37354
    Participant

This countdown isn’t supposed to be about my dysfunctional family…

121 Days Until Christmas!

Christy Carol
    Participant

You do have a point, cant argue much when there is only one child.  But I dont foresee happening with D.  You guys do have such strong traditions and a strong bond I am sure she is going to want to keep that going for many years.  I know I did with my mom, drama and all.

And dont worry about it, ya know we will be back in here talking about it more as it gets closer!!

And with that, I’ll update to say…

118 days!!!

whitney37354
    Participant

117 days!

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

I can’t believe your fam is even talking about Xmas! While I’m thinking about it, no one else is in my fam. Of course I have a lot on my plate coming up – daughter’s heart surgery Sept. 20 which is huge. If everything goes well we should be home in 10 days…but you just don’t know. Hard to focus on anything else celebratory until we get through that. But I did pick up a couple cute holiday things for my daughter – a shirt and some leggings someone was selling second hand and are in great condition.

whitney37354
    Participant

116 days.

Gottadance, prayers that your daughter’s heart surgery goes well & she is able to go home in 10 days to recover.

whitney37354
    Participant

115 days

whitney37354
    Participant

110 days!

We had a great time on our annual Labor Day weekend camping trip to Pigeon Forge. Our new thing to do this time was to see a magic show.  DH is a magician & both he & DD loved the show.  I am a huge skeptic of all things, and being married to a magician, I was not as impressed!

I still don’t have my Pumpkin Delights: neither WalMart nor our local grocery has them.  I think I need to go to Dollar General to get them.  I am going to try to get out my few fall things & decorate tonight.  Yesterday afternoon & night was full of laundry & the UT ballgame that went two overtimes & until midnight.

I told DD this weekend to get started on her Christmas list.  Now that she knows the truth about Santa, she knows the limits to what she can get, but knows she can ask for anything.  An iPod touch is at the top of her list this year.

whitney37354
    Participant

109 days

whitney37354
    Participant

108 days

whitney37354
    Participant

104 days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.