Countdown to Christmas 2017

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays Countdown to Christmas 2017

This topic contains 63 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of christmascheer christmascheer 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

I don’t know why my countdown on my phone is off.  Today is 89 days?  I think my phone has been messed up.  I’ll try to get back on track.  Almost October!!

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

We are getting to the point where time starts flying by!  While I love this time of the year I hate that part!  I keep telling myself we are still 2 months away from Thanksgiving but that doesnt give me much comfort because September flew by!!

whitney37354
    Participant

88 days

whitney37354
    Participant

87 day & TGIF!  Almost October too.

Christy Carol
    Participant

So close to October!!!  Wish it felt more like it outside.  The weather guessers were right, we are gonna have a warmer than usual fall.  Only fitting since we had a very cool August this year.

whitney37354
    Participant

84 days

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

CC the weather sucks for us Southerners LOL. Especially those of us who look forward to the holidays and cool weather.

whitney37354
    Participant

83 days.  I agree about living in the south in October.  I want to wear my boots, but the weather is better for capris & flip flops.  I was in WalMart this morning and it looks like the Christmas section is going up quickly.  I didn’t have time to browse today.  I’m wanting DD to get her Christmas list started so I’ll have ideas for grandparents when they ask.  I’d love to watch some Christmas movies, but I can’t find the time.  DH & DD are going on a bike trip with the youth group in a couple of weeks, so maybe I’ll have time when they are away.

Christy Carol
    Participant

It looks like the weather is gonna cool the first of next week but only into the upper 70’s.  Of course the two of you guys are gonna be dealing with Nate it looks like.  Funny, my ex-bosses name was Nate and I had to deal with him for almost a year.  Be thankful you will only have to for a day or two!  LOLOLOLOL!!

Sorry, I couldnt help myself.  I think the heat has affected my brain.

whitney37354
    Participant

80 days!

We’ll be in South Carolina next week & hoping that Nate has done his business and moved on before we get there!

I took a vacation day yesterday and put a bunch of Halloween & Christmas movies in my Netflix que.  I watched Smokey Mountain Christmas.  They were supposed to be in the mountains near Knoxville.  However, one of the street signs pointed toward Chatsworth, Elijay, & Gainesville.  Those are all in Georgia, as we pass through Chatsworth & Elijay to get to DH’s aunts house in Gainesville!  Eh, no one else probably noticed & it was a cute movie!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of whitney37354 whitney37354.
    Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Whitney – That sounds like fun!

I’m just so glad my daughter  made it through her heart surgery – getting rehab at a local place as inpatient but should be released at end of the week. I’ve started thinking about the holidays now -so exciting! I went through my daughter’s Xmas outfits and think I may need a couple more. I always dress her in lots of different Xmas outfits during the season – we go to lots of events. In the meantime, my sis and her kids are flying in for Xmas so starting to think about some fun activities we might do. Love the planning!

whitney37354
    Participant

67 days!  So glad your daughter’s surgery went well & she’s recovering well.  Vacation was fine, but work is a killer trying to play catch up!  I’m taking DD to WalMart tonight for a trip through the toy department to start on her Christmas list.

whitney37354
    Participant

66 days.

DH & DD are taking a trip out of state tomorrow for a group bike ride.  I plan to work on my scrapbooking & listen to Christmas music while they are away.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Sounds like everyone is easing into Christmas!!!  I love it!!  Whitney I hope you were able to get alot accomplished!  GD Im glad to hear your fam will be in this year, I know you do love all the planning and extra fun involved.  It does make it so much more like the holidays when you have family around.  Except in Whitney’s case!  LOLOLOL!!  Sorry Whitney, you know I still feel your pain 😉

The days are flying by!  And time is a ticking!  I am spending today doing nothing but prep work for the big decorating weekend next weekend!  I sent Tom and Wally off for a boys day so I have the entire house to myself.  Im about to crank up Christmas on Pandora and get at it.  I call it Operation Christmas Clean!  Silly but it keeps me going knowing there is a purpose to it.  This the my version of the spring clean most people do.  Its beginning to feel alot like Christmas!!

whitney37354
    Participant

63 Days!

Yep, still nasty over here on the family holiday front!  See the Thanksgiving thread for the latest update.

I did listen to Christmas music while scrapbooking on Saturday.  I got out the Christmas cards with the intent of working on them, but didn’t get to that.  DD has given me some ideas for her Christmas gifts.  I did get her Christmas pjs to open on Christmas Eve, so I guess I can say I’ve started my Christmas shopping!  On lunch break today I watched part of the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Christmas preview that was on over the weekend.  It’s rainy & gloomy here, and I just wanted to stay at home & watch Christmasy tv the rest of the day!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.