Countdown to Christmas 2017

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays Countdown to Christmas 2017

This topic contains 62 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of whitney37354 whitney37354 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

62 days!

Two months from today is Christmas Eve & that is so hard to believe.  We finally got our fall weather today & it is supposed to last all week.  Maybe it’s here to stay.

I watched more of the Hallmark Christmas preview last night & this morning.  Still not finished!

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Whitney I meant to tell you earlier I saw the commercial for Dixie Stampede last night for the first time!  They are running it during our 6pm news about every break.  Ill be curious to hear if Im seeing it again before you!

2 months, wow.  Just wow.  The next 2 months are gonna fly by!!  Of course I already feel like Ive not accomplished everything I had planned on getting done by this time of year.  Oh well!  Im just gonna enjoy it!

And ditto on the cooler weather, they are actually talking snow for northern Arkie Friday when the second front comes thru :-O

whitney37354
    Participant

Haven’t see the Dixie Stampede commercial yet.  It gets later every year.  Now I’ll be on the lookout for it.  Co-workers are at a conference for the rest of the week, so I’m listening to Christmas music while I work.

whitney37354
    Participant

60 days.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Now they are playing during our 5pm news too.  They are drumming up business!  Seems yesterday they said that is started today?  Is that true?

60 days!!!!!!!!  I have pulled out 4 of my big trees and have them at different electrical plugs in the house.  Still fighting with lights, what is with half strands going out?  It should be all or none!

And Ive been streaming Christmas on IHeart on my tv this weeks.  What a wonderful mood it puts me in, enjoy your coworker break!  LOL!!!

whitney37354
    Participant

59 days

Christmas on Hallmark Channel 24/7 today through Christmas!

whitney37354
    Participant

56 days.  We watched some of the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies over the weekend.  DH watched the first five minutes of one & asked if this was The Christmas Angel.  I looked it up & it was Angel of Christmas.  He figured that out from just watching.  A lot of the movies are the same thing over and over, but we like to watch them!  DD mentioned again this morning that she can’t wait for Christmas.  She was surprised last night we she realized that Halloween is tomorrow!

Christy Carol
    Participant

We watched alot of the movies over the weekend too.  When I got up yesterday hubs was already up and was watching one by himself!  I didnt make a fuss but I had to laugh as I walked thru the living room.  I have woken up his inner kid!

And I agree, most are very similar and some are downright the same plot just different actors and locations.  But we do like to watch them too.  We will start making predictions early on about what is gonna happen or who is gonna do what!

While watching movies this weekend I started decorating.  I think this is the earliest ever for me but why not?  Since Im home I might as well.  So far I have up my 7ft green rotating tree, my new 6.5 pencil thin white tree, the new 7ft (she said it was 6.5 but its every bit 7ft) very full green tree, the slim 6ft white tree with blue lights, the 4ft tinsel tree, the 6ft woodland green tree, my new 2 or 3ft silver tinsel fiber optic tree and two ceramic trees.  None are decorated yet, just a few ornies on the tinsel and rotating tree.  I bought a new aqua 4ft tinsel tree last week I have out of the box waiting for it to fall out and I have the 1960’s plastic bottle brush tree out and ready to go as soon as I figure out where to put it.  Hopefully Ill have all the trees out and in place by the coming weekend.

whitney37354
    Participant

55 days

DD dressed as Marty McFly from Back to the Future II for Halloween.  She’ll help me hand out candy tonight at Halloween in the City.  Sirius XM starts Christmas music at noon tomorrow. I’m taking Mom Christmas shopping on Saturday.  It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Christy Carol
    Participant

I saw the picture, she is really rocking that look!!!

I didnt know the music starts tomorrow, Ill have to see if anything changed on Directv since thats about the only streaming service I have.  One of our local radio stations changes but I havent heard when yet.  They will probably announce it tomorrow.

I am so ready! I have been seeing a few Christmas commercials on regular tv today, not just the Hallmark channels.  Its really here!!!

whitney37354
    Participant

54 days.  I picked DD up from school today to take her to sewing class.  We’re already singing Christmas duets in the car!  I told her we had two channels, Holly & Christmas Traditions & we can swap days to listen to them.  She said, “We need to listen to traditional, but we need to hear our Elton John song too.”  She’s talking about Dance into Christmas.  I never knew she liked that song so much.  I’ve already heard a lot of my sentimental favorites.  Lovin’ it!  I’ve seen a couple of “winter” commercials, but nothing Christmas.  Still no Dixie Stampede either…

Christy Carol
    Participant

I love that DD loves the traditional stuff!!   You have raised her right!  It seems there are so many new remakes that just dont do the songs justice and it worries me that original ones will be lost.  Give me Frank, Dean and Sammy any day!  Yall need to do a carpool karaoke!  You could use your cell phone and just have it for your own viewing.  That would be a cool memory to have and watch when DD has children of her own and you want to embarrass her 🙂

I have build quite an extensive collection of Christmas vinyl this over this past year so this weekend Im gonna move the Victrola out of the dining room to the living room and listen to some records while Im working on the house.  Cant wait to hear all the crackles and pops while hearing Bing dream of a white Christmas!

And hopefully Christmas will come early for me this year, I finally have a job interview Tuesday!!!!!!!  Keep your fingers crossed for me please!!

whitney37354
    Participant

53 days

Christy, will be thinking of you and your interview.  Busy weekend coming up. Annual Disney on Ice show with MIL, SIL, & all the granddaughters (3 adults, 5 girls ages 7-17) on Friday night.  Saturday morning DD & I are taking Mom Christmas shopping.  We will watch the UT game on Saturday night, but we don’t have any hopes for the rest of the football season.  I’m not a fair weather fan, so I’ll be watching!  There is a Christmas open house this weekend at one of the local shops.  I might try to catch it on Sunday afternoon.

whitney37354
    Participant

52 days!

Christy Carol
    Participant

Thanks Whitney!  Im super excited but trying not to get my hopes too far up in case it doesnt work out.

I am jealous of your weekend!!!  I miss shopping with my mom so much!  And you are getting an early start so people will still be in good moods!!  Ill be watching the Hawgs tomorrow too.  Like you Im not a fair weather fan either but it doesnt stop me from fussing at the tv when they are playing like 4th graders.

I just spent the past hour and a half on the phone with my eldest nephew talking about Thanksgiving.  He is as excited as I am.  He has a bunch new dishes he wants to cook for us over the weekend so it sounds like we will be eating good.  And he confirmed my youngest nephew will be making the trip also!!!!!!!!!!!!  So my holiday spirit level just reached an all time max!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.