Countdown to Christmas 2017

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays Countdown to Christmas 2017

This topic contains 62 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of whitney37354 whitney37354 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

Our Music Choice – Seasons channel is now playing all Christmas, and I can hardly remember ever having so many TV stations playing Christmas commercials this early before.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Christy – I didn’t know you had a victrola – vintage vinyl Xmas  – awesome. I don’t know if I have any Xmas but I have some vinyl.

I have my first cold of the season – yuck. Hope to be past it soon – hard to be sick and a single mom of a 3 yr old full of energy. Been doing some window shopping, but not much else. Cleaning a little here and there. Still adjusting to being home from the inpatient rehab with my daughter – she started off on oxygen at night – now seems to not be needing it overnight which is big. She’s still recovering – eating a bit better, getting more back to her old self. Still looks a bit peaked to me – especially later in the day. But she’s excited about Christmas and Santa. It’s so cute. I just look forward to feeling better so I can get going on my Xmas cards.

Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

49 days!

Y’all are not going to believe this. We’ll hold our breath to see how long it lasts:  SIL called Mom on  Friday & wanted to know if we were doing stockings this year because she was going to be shopping over the weekend.  Mom said she just kept talking to her about different things, all happy & nice…; Dad says Christmas is coming so she’s in a better mood!  Mom drew all the names out of my car cup holder while we were on the road & I sent a text to SIL & my sister to let them know who got who.  My sister & SIL got each others names:  that is rich!  Mom & I got quite a bit of Christmas shopping done on Saturday & Sunday.

DH will be playing keyboard for his friend who sings for both my hometown Christmas & the town Christmas that we live in now (same county, neighboring cities, 20 minutes apart).  The one in my hometown is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I always take Mom to that one.  The one where we live now (DH’s hometown) is a first.  They are having the Christmas parade at 2 pm., followed by vendors of all types, Santa, shopping for kids, marshmallow roasting, etc.  The lighting of the tree will be at 8:00 pm.  It will be like the one in my hometown.  That one has been going on since before DD was born, so at least 12 years.  I don’t care if they are “copying”, it’s just good to see something going on in our town.

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.