Decorating for Christmas this Year

Home Page Forums Deck the Halls Decorating for Christmas this Year

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sdkluger sdkluger 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

So when do you plan on starting?  Honestly, Im ready NOW!  I told the hubs earlier today I was just gonna skip putting anything else out Fall or Halloween related and just go ahead and start decorating.  His reply?  “It doesn’t surprise me”!!

I said if you came in and I had a tree up you would have a fit.  And he said, “I would expect more than one tree”.  He has FINALLY come around to accept my addiction after 13 years!  Which probably isnt a good thing cuz now I want to start pulling my trees into the living room!

But I will wait or atleast try to wait but Im pretty sure Ill start decorating the week of Halloween with me hitting it hard the first weekend in November.  So much will depend on my job situation.

Christy Carol
    Participant

I am soooooooooooooo bored and soooooooooooooooo sick of sitting around this house I’m seriously thinking about starting my decorating now.  Since I keep my trees up in the back room and draped in plastic it wouldn’t take me anything to start pulling them into the living room and hang an ornie or too.  If *knocking on wood* Im employed by the holidays I will wish I had used this spare time to get things up and ready.

Profile photo of sleighride2
    sleighride2
    Participant

Agreed Christy, lol have my totes out and ready my house gets started on November 4th,it’s a tradition my mom started now i carry it on.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Hey, good to see you back!!!!

I have kept myself busy but finally gave in over the weekend and started putting some stuff out.  Its only stuff I have picked up over year and been storing in the back bedroom.  I need to get it cleaned out so I can store furniture in it for the season and to do that means getting the Christmas out.

I did buy two trees this past Friday that a teacher in my hometown was selling.  She is downsizing her house so that means decorations too.  I’ve been looking for a very full tree, close to 6ft in diameter around the bottom and I finally found it!  Its 6.5 ft tall and is prelit with white and multi colored lights.  She already had it up so I didnt take it apart, I just shoved it into my car (thank goodness I have an HHR!)  Right now it along with a very skinny 6.5 white prelit tree that I also got from her, are sitting in the dining room falling out because they had been in boxes until last week.  I swear the full tree is getting fuller by the day.  Earlier this year at an estate sale I picked up a 4ft ” Deluxe Balsam Fir polyethylene” tree!  🙂  Which was a fancy name back in the 60’s-70’s for a plastic tree.  It was bought at K-Mart for 16.99, goodness only knows when.  Its been packed up for years so I got it out and put it together so it can start falling out.  Im not sure how to shape the plastic needles, it might just be a Charlie Brown tree.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Sleigh Ride, is there a significance to Nov 4th?

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

The first nice Saturday we get we’ll be putting lights up around the house.  Today I bought a package of concrete anchors so we can hang a wreath on the front of the house this year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.