First craft of the year — Recycle Coffee tins!

Home Page Forums Crafts & Homemade Gifts First craft of the year — Recycle Coffee tins!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jinglebelle Jinglebelle 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jinglebelle
    Jinglebelle

I just made my first craft of the season… my MIL has been saving me her international cafe coffee tins and lids… here’s what I did with the first one. I have a few other ideas for them too.

I used 2.5 inch wide ribbon, and tacky glued it around the tin. I used a foam brush to spread the glue on in an even thin layer. I put my hand inside the tin making it super easy to hold, so I never got any glue on me. And it made it easy to put the ribbon on. I made sure to line it up with the bottom lip of the tin.

Then cut the piece for the top… I made it just the right length to fit inside the lip of the lid, then laid it on top and traced the rounded corners with a pen, then cut them out for a perfect fit! To glue the top on, I used another thin layer of tacky glue, making sure to spread the glue edge to edge, so hopefully the ribbon won’t peel at the edges.

I JUST LOVE IT! I have other ribbon, and can use fabric, I’m sure… I’m gonna make all different colors, and patterns… Cardstock would work, too… I can’t wait to make a bunch more!!!!!!!!!!

These will be GREAT to use to give homemade candies, or maybe powdered russian tea or something…

tin.jpg

decoratedtin.jpg

Jinglebelle

PS: of course wash them before using them for gift giving… and if there’s any left over coffee smell after washing, dry them out and put baking soda in them and seal for a few days. That absorbs the coffee odor.

Profile photo of ChasNole
    ChasNole

Very cool, JB!

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

those are really cute! Would be perfect containers for fudge or cookies. Or both.

Jinglebelle

😆 both, for sure!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.