How do/did you display your Christmas cards now/in the past?

Home Page Forums Christmas Traditions & Ideas How do/did you display your Christmas cards now/in the past?

This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gottadance gottadance 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

Yesterday my wife had my children color and decorate clothes pins and put them on ribbons she hung around cupboard and other doors in the kitchen. She’ll hang the cards we get from the ribbon by the clothes pins.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

oooh – I like that. I won’t be here to get my cards, but they’ll be a nice welcome home when I get back!

Profile photo of Gloria
    Gloria

Now: the Christmas cards are sitting on a marble window sill.

Past: As far back as I can remember Mom use to hang them in slots on a cylinder Christmas object, moving into the future, she would hang them all around an entry way.

Profile photo of ChristmasRose
    ChristmasRose
    Participant

Last Christmastime I purchased a rustic handmade metal card-holder from a local antique shop. As lovely as it was, we found that we liked scotch-taping our cards throughout the living-room area even more. (I think we’ll continue to stay with this tradition…) :1smiley007:

Profile photo of Merry
    Merry
    Participant

I’m thinking I want to do something different this year. I’m going to search Pinterest for ideas.

gottadance
    Participant

Merry – Find anything interesting? I like my cards to be displayed – especially the shiny or glittery ones – so I can see them and they reflect the lights. I need a new idea for this year. Previously: Had them hanging around my patio door on a ribbon, had them standing in various places in my kitchen/dining room but they would get knocked over by the wind, had them draped over my ex-fiance’s big projection TV, last year didn’t get them until I got home. This year…what to do, what to do.

gottadance
    Participant

I didn’t figure out anything creative last year – I think I just stood them around the kitchen again. The house is more cluttered than before with all of my daughter’s toys…I am wondering how Xmas cards/decor will look with all of this stuff. Usually I put away my non holiday decor before Xmas – but even doing that I’ll be left with a lot of toy clutter. Maybe I need to find a way to store the toys better – but on a daily basis a lot of them are out because my daughter is playing with them.

When I was a kid, we had this card board, jointed santa claus in his sleigh with all of his reindeers, connected with red yarn. You could hang the cards off of this. I remember it looked pretty neat 🙂 These days, though, we stick them to either the inside of a door or on a wall near the door.

gottadance
    Participant

I need to figure this one out…spend time on pinterest maybe.

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

I have a pinterest account but I know better than to get on it. Id never make it to work.

gottadance
    Participant

OK – once again last year I just put my cards setting out on this cabinet in the kitchen – it’s OK – when family is here they can easily see them and read them, but if you are in the kitchen cooking and turn on the ceiling fan – or even walk by briskly, the breeze knocks them over. Need better idea.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.