How to Make Divinity!

Home Page Forums Holiday ‘How To’ Videos How to Make Divinity!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ChasNole ChasNole 5 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ChasNole
    ChasNole

[YOUTUBE]XUxRpjyvVpQ[/YOUTUBE]

Along with Martha Washington candy, Divinity is a favorite Christmas treat……:cool:

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Nowadays its easier just for me to make it pre-made. Not as good as my mom’s though. We used to make it every Christmas. I sure do miss those fun times with her. I just wonder if I could talk her into one more batch this year…

Profile photo of Jinglebelle
    Jinglebelle

I made my Granny’s divinity recipe this summer… she made it every year at Christmas for everybody. She helped me make it via phone. The first and last time I ever made divinity with Granny. 🙁 I miss her so much!!!!

Christy Carol
    Participant

Aww JB, I am so sorry. I bet that is hard to think about. But what a great memory you will always have. Next time you make it, she will still be there with ya.:huggs:

Jinglebelle

Well, I am getting ready to make it. Hopefully this weekend. Got all the ingredients… last time I got 3rd degree burns from making the stuff, hope I don’t injure myself this time! 😆

Christy Carol
    Participant

Dang it, you better be very careful! Im gonna skip making it and just buy it at Dollar General. Two bucks for 24 pieces and no burns!

Good luck…you know my address! LOL!!!

Jinglebelle

What’s sad is, I made meatballs the other day, and when I took the pan out of the oven and set it on the counter, it kind of shifted a bit and I thought it was going down! So I shoved it back with the back of my hand…. and guess what? 2 horrible burns RIGHT where the divinity scar is!! My hand looks just awful!

What kinds of flavors did your momma make?

Christy Carol
    Participant

Oh no! And thats tough, having a scar on top of a scar. They seem to take forever to heal and itch like crazy while doing so. I just seem to have a problem with touching hot stuff. D’oh head me went to flip Tom’s corn dogs awhile back and just grabbed the stick with my bare fingers! And when the heat finally hit my brain I jerked my hand and touched the back of it to the oven.

Just vanilla with pecans. We tried to tint it one time so we could have red and green but the food dye made it too runny.

Profile photo of sleighride2
    sleighride2
    Participant

yes i’ve made this for christmastime i use peppermint exact,or wintergreen which i usually have to order,and i use green and red coloring it’s a hit with family and friends.also you can crush up candy canes and put that in it.:1smiley014:

Jinglebelle

I never thought of putting candy canes in it!! Will have to try that this year…

Profile photo of sleighride2
    sleighride2
    Participant

it is good as i use wintergreen ones as well you smash them up with some pieces not to large as you can make them fine pieces if you like that it looks festive and taste so good.:1smiley004:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.