How to spend my holiday/make the season festive

Home Page Forums Christmas Traditions & Ideas How to spend my holiday/make the season festive

This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gottadance gottadance 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

I should be here atleast part of the night! It wouldnt be Christmas eve if I wasnt online tracking Santa.

Profile photo of ElfinErv
    ElfinErv
    Participant

no family coming this year?

Christy Carol
    Participant

Oh yeah! But its up in the air as to when they will get here. At first sis said the 26th so thats what I planned on but while she was here she said they may just sneak out the morning of Christmas Eve!! Which now has me so excited I cant stand myself!

But either way I’ll have to visit with my Christmas buddies here!

ElfinErv
    Participant

lol sign of the times

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant
    CharlestonNole;30444 wrote:
    Yep, we all have our part…I’m the drunk uncle that makes everyone feel uneasy.:1smiley008:
    :1smiley008:

LOL – that is TOO funny. I actually have one of those! OMG – my poor sister who is well endowed always gets some weird lewd comment from him. I’ve only had to endure a couple myself. But we always get a good laugh out of it!

gottadance
    Participant

Another friend told me about a local homeless shelter/soup kitchen that takes homemade desserts – so I can cook for them too. And – you guys will be proud of me for being proactive – I invited a single mom girlfriend over so she and her daughter could decorate my tree with me in early December. Also, she and her daughter are having a Christmas tree for the first time and I had a box of child-friendly ornaments my grams gave me – about 30 – and I absolutely do not need any more ornaments. So I asked my friend if she could use them and she said she’d love them. I’m going to wrap them up and let her daughter open them at my house when they come over. Yay! Fun!

Anonymous

gottadance go to a rest home or an assisted living place for older people. You would be surprised at how many dont’ have family to come and visit.

gottadance
    Participant

A group of friends and I adopted a local needy family for Xmas via a local junior women’s club program. There are about 7 of us doing this and we’ve already got a lot of stuff for this single mother and her son. It feels really good and I’m so excited for our family! I’m having everyone over to my house Dec. 5 to wrap their presents and enjoy some holiday food and beverages (Christmas wine anyone?) I am always happy to share my house with friends at Xmas because I have this really rustic country home and for others who live in apartments or small places and then come to my house, it really is special. I’m very Martha and have lots of pinecones, berries and swags everywhere. I’ll light a fire in the fireplace and I’m going to make my chocolate torte, my Great Aunt Betty’s meatballs, and a few other Leslie classics. šŸ˜‰ Fun!

ElfinErv
    Participant

Since I live in a mostly agriculture state I do my part to help the diary farmers, during the holidays I drink my weight in eggnog weekly

santa47.gif

gottadance
    Participant
    ElfinErv;35700 wrote:
    Since I live in a mostly agriculture state I do my part to help the diary farmers, during the holidays I drink my weight in eggnog weekly

santa47.gif

You ARE a giver. šŸ˜‰

ElfinErv
    Participant

thats what I keep trying to tell people

gottadance;36205 wrote:
    You ARE a giver. šŸ˜‰
    Christy Carol
    Participant

I like idea of going to visit the old folks. So many out there have no family or no family that is willing the spend the holidays with them. I would hate to think I spent my life for my family only to be thrown in a home and ignored just because I am old.

ElfinErv
    Participant

maybe Tom could gut a few extra deer and you can donate the meat to the needy

Christy Carol
    Participant

There is a group around here like that. Hunters for the Hungry

ElfinErv
    Participant

think they are called Horny for the Hungry up here, the DNR lets them hunt an extra deer and keep the horns if they donate the meat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.