How to spend my holiday/make the season festive

Home Page Forums Christmas Traditions & Ideas How to spend my holiday/make the season festive

This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gottadance gottadance 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Lmao!!!!!!

Profile photo of ElfinErv
    ElfinErv
    Participant

I think the best thing for a family to do is bake Christmas goodies together. Nothing is more fun and there is a task for everyone to do.

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant
    ElfinErv;39397 wrote:
    I think the best thing for a family to do is bake Christmas goodies together. Nothing is more fun and there is a task for everyone to do.

I’ll go along with that. My kids and I baked (and decorated) 5 kinds of cookies last weekend. Today my wife and I will be making fudge.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

OK – so reading my post from last year – and can’t believe I survived another iffy Christmas. OK – to be fair I did have some nice times with my friend and her daughter. I did enjoy doing the adopt a family. I did bake for the work party for the kids, but man – sort of a downer: Not only did my sis and my mom not come in for Xmas, my aunt and uncle, who have had this HUGE Xmas eve party every year for the past 20 years – did not have it last year. My aunt was stressed out, etc., and just said she couldn’t do it. I did end up going to my other aunt’s for Christmas, which was nice and I was very glad to have somewhere to go! But man, that was a pretty pitiful holiday.

This year – not sure how things will shape up. I know for sure my sis and her kids aren’t coming in (I did get to see them in June); my mom is doubtful; I’m still single (ugh); my adoption still hasn’t happened (but it could happen between now and then); my aunt says she’s planning to have the Xmas party this year….we’ll see. Last quarter of the year is always so hard for me, every year praying I’ll find someone to share my life with, have a child…year after year…well, I’m not going into hateful bitterness yet. I’ll save that for October. 😀

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

I had to laugh at the last line!

My Christmas will be very low this year but I am trying hard to keep it cheerful and light-hearted because I love the season and while I have fussing and fighting and terrible illness in my family right now I have to do this for me. So I wont be together with all my family this year, atleast I will get to see some of them and thats better than nothing.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.