Just ordered this guy….

Home Page Forums Deck the Halls Just ordered this guy….

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HollyKing HollyKing 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HollyKing
    HollyKing
    Participant

Depictions of the Holly King – especially 3-dimensional depictions of same – aren’t really thick upon the ground, and when you do find them, they tend to be fairly expensive because the customer base is limited. Outside of that, there is no consensus on what the Holly King actually looks like – unlike, let’s say, Santa Claus.

On the plus side, this means that any Pagan can decide “THIS is what the Holly King looks like” and have as much chance of being right as the next Pagan. On the minus side, when somebody’s in your house for Christmas celebrations and sees your little statue, sculpture or action figure depicting the Holly King, the best you’re gonna get is “Who is HE supposed to be?”

And then there are the antlers, too…

So I found this guy on Pipka’s Santas. She calls him her “English Santa”. He wears green robes instead of the traditional (American) red and bears a big bowl of wassail – which may or may not have been “enhanced”. (“Let’s get this party underway!”)

HollyKing
    Participant

…and he arrived just a few hours ago. Yay!

Profile photo of Jinglebelle
    Jinglebelle
    Keymaster

I love it!

HollyKing
    Participant

Okay, I’m sorry, but I have to ask…

“Are you the Keymaster?”

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

That is gorgeous!!!

HollyKing
    Participant

Pipka’s stuff tends toward the pricey, but she does excellent work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.