Keeping Xmas Spirit Alive All Through The Year

Home Page Forums Christmas Traditions & Ideas Keeping Xmas Spirit Alive All Through The Year

This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Ain’t it the truth?? Each year I swear the tree is the prettiest one that we have ever had, and the food tastes better….:)
    Anytime life gets rough, just put in a good Christmas movie and it is guarameteed to make you feel better.

Profile photo of ChasNole
    ChasNole
    HolidayHoney;19290 wrote:
    Ain’t it the truth?? Each year I swear the tree is the prettiest one that we have ever had, and the food tastes better….:)
    Anytime life gets rough, just put in a good Christmas movie and it is guarameteed to make you feel better.

Booyah, I hear ya HH!!! I hear ya!!!:)

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

I play Christmas music, read Christmas books, and work on my Christmas website and blog.

Anonymous

😀 We are truly a bunch of Christmas lovers, aren’t we??

Profile photo of ElfinErv
    ElfinErv
    Participant

Going to yard sales to find Christmas stuff, listening to Christmas music

Anonymous

I usually just get on fourums and talk about it ALL the time so hopefully people will get the spirit also.

ElfinErv
    Participant

Keeping some Christmas goodies in the freezer and getting them out mid summer, if frozen properly amazing how good Christmas cookies taste in July

cooking.gif

ElfinErv
    Participant

also buying Christmas stuff off Ebay and imagine where I’ll put them come decorating time

::starz::

Profile photo of caninemom3
    caninemom3

During the year I look at my past issues of Christmas Ideals, look at my other Christmas books and listen to my very favorite carols. I look forward to July when Hallmark has its first ornament premiere which my sister and I attend together (which makes it Christmas all the time, being with my sister that is !!). I try to talk to God a lot and try to remember what the meaning of Christmas is to me all year.

sdkluger
    Participant

I love the Christmas Ideals books/magazines too. I wish I could find more of them at used book sales, library sales, garage sales, or thrift stores. I’ve had to get most of mine off of eBay.

Profile photo of caninemom3
    caninemom3
    sdkluger;43829 wrote:
    I love the Christmas Ideals books/magazines too. I wish I could find more of them at used book sales, library sales, garage sales, or thrift stores. I’ve had to get most of mine off of eBay.

I would just love to find more issues of past Christmas Ideals. I love that publication so much !!!

😆

ElfinErv
    Participant

I see them offered on Freecycle now n then

sdkluger
    Participant

I’ve tried to get some off Freecycle several times, but no one wants to give them away right now. 🙁

Profile photo of Merry
    Merry
    Participant
    caninemom3;45044 wrote:
    I would just love to find more issues of past Christmas Ideals. I love that publication so much !!!

😆

I’ve never heard of Christmas Ideals or Ideals Christmas as it’s listed on Amazon. Not til now anyway.

“Since 1944, “Ideals Christmas” has been a tradition in thousands of homes across the USA. These loyal readers are drawn again to the celebratory tone of the text, as well as the beauty of the artwork and photographs. Traditional poems explore the meaning of the holiday and recall special times with family and friends. Readers also love the Bible passages, which are illustrated with brilliant paintings of Christmas history. “

I take it it’s not printed any more, which is a shame.

sdkluger
    Participant
    Merry Sage;45539 wrote:
    I take it it’s not printed any more, which is a shame.

No, they’re still printed. I got the 2009 issue for Christmas.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.