Our Family Tradition

Home Page Forums Christmas Traditions & Ideas Our Family Tradition

This topic contains 47 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TamaraQT TamaraQT 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

All 4 of mine did/do. Well my maternal grandmother wasnt crazy about anything but fussing but still, that was a part of tradition.

The grandpa that just passed away used to get up in the middle of the night (if we had stayed with them so our parents could play Santa at home) and take flour and dust all over the hearth and floor around it and then take his boots and stamp a boot print in them so we thought Santa had been there. I wonder if he is who I get my love of Christmas from?

Profile photo of ElfinErv
    ElfinErv
    Participant

My grandma mentioned going to AZ from Thanksgiving until March 😮

Christy Carol
    Participant

She was a snowbird!

ElfinErv
    Participant

yea her daughter lives in Phoenix, one of them anyway

Christy Carol
    Participant

No way could I do that. Just the thought of us maybe, possibly getting snow keeps me here.

ElfinErv
    Participant

she hates cold now…she will probably move there

Christy Carol
    Participant

My grandmother says she does too but she stays hot all the time and complains when it reaches 70. I dont get it.

ElfinErv
    Participant

lol 70 is perfect

Anonymous

I love the cold when; there is snow!

With out snow, Its dead and ugly outside.

Anonymous

I have loved reading about everyones past and present traditions for christmas. It does bring back memories. My family was small so there was not much celebrating. I mean we did get together at my dad’s parents house with my aunt and uncle and 3 cousins and my brother and me. I don’t know where I got the love of Christmas from because no one in my family has ever gone over board with it. My mother has started putting more things up in the last 7 years. Of course she has to have help because she is in her seventies. My mothers side of the family did not get along with my dad so we did not celebrate christmas with them.

ElfinErv
    Participant

we have some of that in our family, folks not getting along

Teresa;31025 wrote:
    I have loved reading about everyones past and present traditions for christmas. It does bring back memories. My family was small so there was not much celebrating. I mean we did get together at my dad’s parents house with my aunt and uncle and 3 cousins and my brother and me. I don’t know where I got the love of Christmas from because no one in my family has ever gone over board with it. My mother has started putting more things up in the last 7 years. Of course she has to have help because she is in her seventies. My mothers side of the family did not get along with my dad so we did not celebrate christmas with them.
    Christy Carol
    Participant

yeah, we do too. And alot is coming to a head right now and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Why cant we pick our families like we can our friends?

ElfinErv
    Participant

stubbornness exists in our family, we are German after all

Profile photo of Jinglebelle
    Jinglebelle

I say that friends are the family we pick for ourselves…

ElfinErv
    Participant

ohhh I like that

itsallgood.gif

Jinglebelle;31136 wrote:
    I say that friends are the family we pick for ourselves…
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.