Started wrapping today!

Home Page Forums Gift Giving & Shopping Started wrapping today!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HollyKing HollyKing 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Well, it’s sort of hard to get some Xmas stuff done with baby – she needs a lot of attention, but one thing I could do was wrap some presents. So I got started…and realized I really don’t have a lot of wrap. I have used gift bags a lot, but for kids wrapping is better, more fun. So I have a ton of gift bags and enough wrap for my presents, but my sister will ship her kids’ gifts here and wrap them…def need more. I also was sure to put the tag on right away sometimes I wrap and think I’ll tag them later, only to forget which present went to whom! Anyone else working on wrapping?

Profile photo of HollyKing
    HollyKing
    Participant

No, I have a wrapping disability. When I attempt to wrap a present, it ends up looking like an explosion in a confetti factory. One year I wrapped a gift with two different wrapping papers – looked like it was done by a hyperactive chihuahua – which is redundant.

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

HK, you just need to do like my husband. Wrap a piece of paper around the packaging, no rhyme or reason to it. Just make sure its covered them apply clear packing tape liberally. Using a roll or two of tape always seems to do the trick! Makes the present so much more thrilling when it takes 3 pairs of scissors, 5 knives and a few broken off teeth to get it open.

Profile photo of HollyKing
    HollyKing
    Participant

My wife used to seal the gifts she gave hermetically – every single seam was taped down for its entire length. It was easier to get into a nuclear submarine than into one of her gifts. That’s why I now carry a pocketknife wherever I go – though the likelihood that I will ever again encounter such formidable wrapping skills is vanishingly small.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.