TC Site Updates and Information

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays TC Site Updates and Information

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dasher Dasher 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Hello again everyone and Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that we are still tweaking the forums and working on adding features. Since JingleBelle is such a busy lady, she has given me full admin privileges so that I can help out.

If you need help with anything please PM me. If you are (or know of) a new member who has registered but still can’t post, please let me know so that I can activate them. I am seeing the list kinda late in the game so I don’t want to just start activating the current pending accounts in there.

It may please you to see that we’ve updated the editor to a more user-friendly toolbar. You can still use the old one if you prefer, just click the “Text” tab to the right and above the editor toolbar.

Finally, I am working on a way for us to see topics with unread posts. I know that was a very common feature. bbPress didn’t come with that feature built in. It’s been quite a few years since I myself administered a bbpress forum, so I will be researching this issue to see if a workaround was ever done or if there is a decent plugin.

I will always be around here daily, checking in on the forum, even after Christmas. And please… don’t forget about TC after Christmas. A few of us are in here year-round! So come by and say hello!

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

Dasher, we’re still using/seeing topic areas with the 2016 year on them.  Are they going to be replaced with 2017 versions?  If not, can we get the 2016 removed from the area names?

Tim

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

I am not sure what you mean? Can you give me an example? If you’re talking about topic titles, you can create a new topic to replace the old one. For example, the topic titled “The Weather Office 2016”; you can create a brand new one if you like. Is that what you’re talking about?

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

Yes, that’s what I was talking about.

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

I sent JB a message on FB asking her about some of the questions posed here about things we are missing.  She replied she will check into them but of course this is her busy season right now but maybe she will get a chance to look into them.  Questions were

Can we get smileys

A view new posts first option

If we can have links open in a new tab instead of taking you off the TC page.

And an edit button.  Right now we have no way to go back and correct typos and such.  I know I am the queen of that!

Are we still having to save our photos elsewhere and link them here?  I dont see an option anymore for posting photos?

If Dasher checks in maybe he can take a look around?

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Hi CC… I really don’t know what to tell you. Most of those features either have to be purchased or simply do not exist in this forum software. JB likes WordPress and this is basically a wordpress forum; which I don’t know much about. I am a full administrator but there just isn’t much in the options that I can do.

Hopefully, JB will chime in/answer your message. She knows a lot more about this software than I do. I’ve pretty much done all I can with it at this point. Sorry, wish I had better news!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.