The Weather Office 2016

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays The Weather Office 2016

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sdkluger sdkluger 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Merry
    Merry
    Participant

I’ve closed the old weather thread and opened a new one folks. Post here.

On this side of the Atlantic, the wind and rain shows no let up. At this rate, I’m going to have to move from wellingtons to hip waders. Its not mild any more either.

Temp today 6C.

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Supposed to be a very rainy weekend and Im looking forward to it!

Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

Supposed to be rainy here as well… and I am NOT looking forward to it. Weekends are the only time I can get outside to do anything in the daylight and I was going to put lights on the porch. We’re sick of rain down here in Louisiana.

Christy Carol
    Participant

I know you guys are but we are glad for it. Finally got out from under the burn bans and the high risk of fire that has been plaguing us since Sept. Crazy how the weather can be so totally different in two places so close together. But I am with ya on the outside decorating, I havent gotten mine done yet either so I guess Ill be doing it by flashlight this week.

But the rain today is COOOOOLD and the wind is blowing which makes it worse. I would probably go brave it, minus plugging in everything but I cant deal with that cold wind.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

I think the Farmer’s Almanac may be right – it said early cold would move in to Chicago and it has – suddenly 23 degrees and more cold to come. But we are getting snow – yay! Looks like 5-8 inches Saturday night through Monday. Just need it to stick around until family arrives Dec. 20.

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

We were going to the zoo this Saturday to see their Christmas lights, but with all the snow that’s supposed to be coming and the cold we’re putting it off a week or so.

Profile photo of sleighride2
    sleighride2
    Participant

It’s 9 degrees here,going to be in the deep freeze now.

Christy Carol
    Participant

9 degrees? Oh geez, northern friends stay warm and safe during this deep freeze!!

It was a little warmer here today. The rain that came thru yesterday was a warm front so we woke up to some awesome fog this morning. Not gonna last long though, back in the 30’s for highs later this week.

Christy Carol
    Participant

Gotta love the weather in the south. The next two days we are expecting highs in the 30’s. The Friday late a warm front moves in and we are expecting severe weather Saturday afternoon. High winds and hail and a slight risk of tornadoes. Now get this, as it pushes out cold air is supposed to rush in behind it and change the rain to snow and ice! We might be waking up to a white Sunday. But after possibly spending the night in the storm shelter! 🙂

sleighride2
    Participant

We are in the deep freeze temps are 0 and below 0,and the winds are awful,i’m thankful for my woodstove nice and cozy in here.

sleighride2
    Participant

Cold,windy and snowing like crazy,we have whiteout conditions here,a good day to stay curled up at home with a good christmas movie.

sdkluger
    Participant

We’re getting some freezing rain. Tonight and tomorrow we’re supposed to get a lot of snow again.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Temps going from teens to 20s to 30s this week – a little snow expected – yay!

sleighride2
    Participant

Cold here,we’re expecting a mix.

sdkluger
    Participant

Our white Christmas may be giving way to a brown Christmas.  We’re supposed to get rain and above freezing temps today and tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.