When Does the "Season" Start for You?

Home Page Forums Christmas Traditions & Ideas When Does the "Season" Start for You?

This topic contains 49 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ChasNole ChasNole 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ChasNole
    ChasNole

I know we’ve talked about this a million times, but I’ve got a crappy memory, so indulge me:grinn:

We have our CHristmas countdown, but I find the whole “season” just as enjoyable as the “day”.

Do you?

and

When does the Christmas season start for you?:1smiley004:

ChasNole

I will answer my question……

I love Halloween and enjoy Thanksgiving, but I love Christmas the most (obviously). It’s all such a great time of year.

Personally, the season starts for me Nov 1st and runs well into January. As I’ve gotten older, the focus has shifted from Christmas EVE/Day to the Christmas Season.

Absolutely love it and soak up every minute of it.

I know AMoodyChristmas has the Moodidays and that’s cool. Anyone have anything similar?

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

I guess officially the season starts for me Thanksgiving Day with the Macy’s parade. I will spend that entire weekend decorating and watching Christmas shows. I think that is why I love Thanksgiving so much because its truly the beginning of the Christmas season to me and my family.

But I’m not gonna lie, I will start really getting into things at 12:01 Nov. 1st! Dish will switch a few channels to all Christmas movies and a few Christmas specials will start popping up on tv. I still celebrate Thanksgiving by decorating my house for it but Christmas is always on my mind during those wonderful days of November!!

Profile photo of Jinglebelle
    Jinglebelle

Well… ‘the season’ for me is really blurry anymore… I mean I work on Christmas sites all year round, and I have Christmas on my mind all the time. As for ‘the day’, I’ve found that the time leading up to it is WAY more exciting than Christmas day. Once the 25th rolls around, it’s just over…. Does that make sense?

Profile photo of Christy Carol
    Christy Carol
    Participant

Yup because that is how I feel exactly. In a way I dread the 25th because thats the end, not the beginning. So thats why I love Thanksgiving so much, that is the true beginning for me and I know I have an entire month to enjoy it all.

Jinglebelle

Exactly. The ‘day’ is the end.

I can’t wait to decorate! Thanksgiving definetly signals the decorate button in my brain to flick on.

I have to admit, I do not enjoy Thanksgiving day that much. I prefer to cook the dinner, but since we live up here, we are expected to go to his mother’s for every holiday. And I don’t want to start WWIII with the in-laws over turkey.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

For me, the season officially starts Nov. 1 – I usually start working on my Xmas cards. I like to get them done early so that as Christmas approaches I have more time to participate in holiday activities – charity events, volunteering, Xmas parties, baking, etc. – and then I just have a card to send here or there. Once Christmas Day passes, I’m usually feeling pretty done. I admit – I get tired of all of the holiday decor clutter and start to take a lot of it down that week. I leave up the outside lights/decor and the Christmas tree and inside lights – but all of the candles, tchotchkes, etc., comes down as soon as Xmas is over. I think maybe if I had kids at home it would be different, but after having all of that up for six weeks, I feel like I need my house organized again.

At my office October is one of the busiest months of the year, so it just flies by and before I know it, it’s Nov. 1 – the local WLITE station starts playing Xmas music then and I listen to it all the time through Xmas. But the day Xmas is over, I’m over with that, too. LOL But right now, I’m just looking forward to it starting.

ChasNole

@Christy Carol 55329 wrote:

I guess officially the season starts for me Thanksgiving Day with the Macy’s parade. I will spend that entire weekend decorating and watching Christmas shows. I think that is why I love Thanksgiving so much because its truly the beginning of the Christmas season to me and my family.

But I’m not gonna lie, I will start really getting into things at 12:01 Nov. 1st! Dish will switch a few channels to all Christmas movies and a few Christmas specials will start popping up on tv. I still celebrate Thanksgiving by decorating my house for it but Christmas is always on my mind during those wonderful days of November!!

When I was a kid, Macy’s was the for sure sign of the Season. Seems that retailers and well, to be honest, my general impatience has prompted me to movie it up.

I here ya re: music on Nov 1st, yay.

@jinglebelle 55330 wrote:

Well… ‘the season’ for me is really blurry anymore… I mean I work on Christmas sites all year round, and I have Christmas on my mind all the time. As for ‘the day’, I’ve found that the time leading up to it is WAY more exciting than Christmas day. Once the 25th rolls around, it’s just over…. Does that make sense?

It’s a year round party for ya JB. You know when I really think about it, I guess it kind of holds true for all of us here.

@gottadance 55353 wrote:

For me, the season officially starts Nov. 1 – I usually start working on my Xmas cards. I like to get them done early so that as Christmas approaches I have more time to participate in holiday activities – charity events, volunteering, Xmas parties, baking, etc. – and then I just have a card to send here or there. Once Christmas Day passes, I’m usually feeling pretty done. I admit – I get tired of all of the holiday decor clutter and start to take a lot of it down that week. I leave up the outside lights/decor and the Christmas tree and inside lights – but all of the candles, tchotchkes, etc., comes down as soon as Xmas is over. I think maybe if I had kids at home it would be different, but after having all of that up for six weeks, I feel like I need my house organized again.

At my office October is one of the busiest months of the year, so it just flies by and before I know it, it’s Nov. 1 – the local WLITE station starts playing Xmas music then and I listen to it all the time through Xmas. But the day Xmas is over, I’m over with that, too. LOL But right now, I’m just looking forward to it starting.

LOL…I got scolded two years ago for sending out cards too early. I can’t help it, I get excited.:grinn:

Dec 26th could possibly be the most depressing day of the year….really!!

Profile photo of sdkluger
    sdkluger
    Participant

For us it starts Nov. 1, unless you count the Halloween movies we watch as part of the holiday movie watching. We’ll start up the Christmas music and the Christmas movie watching up then. It’ll kick into high gear when the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade is over. We extend Christmas through New Year’s. The office closes from Dec 24 through New Year’s.

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

LOL…I got scolded two years ago for sending out cards too early. I can’t help it, I get excited.:grinn:

I don’t drop mine in the mail until the first week of December, but I like to have them done before that so I can do other stuff. 😉

Anonymous

Well, the Moodidays begins on Oct. 1st, but the hardcore Christmas season for me begins sometime on Thanksgiving Day when I watch Home Alone for the only time all year. I have done this every Thanksgiving Day for 20 years. Hard to believe that is how long it has been out.

Profile photo of SusieSnowflake
    SusieSnowflake
    Participant

For me, November 1st.. October is reserved for Halloween, just cause I love Halloween and the Fall season.. November 1st I pack up Halloween, they start playing Christmas music on Comcast music channels, and I start to bring out Thanksgiving decor and some Christmas decor.. For me Christmas day is kind of sad, I do love Christmas eve, and stay up almost all night, just enjoy all the lights/ trees/ decor, and have some spiked egg nog! So a pretty long season for me too, like so many of you.. January is cold turkey month, weaning off all the holiday fun and packing it up..:p

Profile photo of whitney37354
    whitney37354
    Participant

Holiday Season: October 31
    Christmas Season: When I see Santa at the end of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade

Anonymous

about Mid November is when I start feeling Christmas time is near! After Thanksgiving it seems to fly bye and come and go so fast!

Jinglebelle

:crazyhappy: I am just itching to start decorating!!::yay::

:cartwheelsanta:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.