Working for Christmas?

Home Page Forums This, That, & Other Holidays Working for Christmas?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gottadance gottadance 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dasher
    Dasher
    Keymaster

I don’t know many people who actually have to work ON Christmas day, or even Christmas Eve day for that matter. I found this little news article rather interesting…

Send Everyone Home for Christmas. Nobody’s Working Anyway

I feel like everyone should be off for Christmas. But, realistically, there are some jobs where there just has to be someone at work no matter what. Emergency services (police, ambulance, firemen) and you really kindof need at least some convenience stores to be open at least a few hours for folks who need an emergency jug of eggnog. But, for goodness sake… lets be careful out there so we don’t have to bother those emergency workers! And plan ahead, make a checklist and get everything you might need for the big family gathering! At least then, if those poor folks having to work the register at Circle K aren’t getting any customers, they’ll be able to go home and spend the rest of the holiday with their family. 🙂

Profile photo of gottadance
    gottadance
    Participant

Totally agree – can’t believe anyone except emergency service people work on Xmas!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.