Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For years, Mom and Jim hosted a Christmas Day dinner and while it wasn't as large as when all my cousins and I were young, it was still a nice crowd. Mom decided that year to do mulled cider and put it in a crock pot. My Aunt and Uncle came and made their plates up and my Aunt came to me and asked if what she had put on her mashed potatoes was gravy...it seemed kind of thin...she's covered her potatoes and turkey and ham with mulled cider!
    R. I. P. Mikey. We love and miss you! (1970-2009)

lol - OMG - love it! But really, is it wrong to cover mashed potatoes with mulled cider.
    Christmas wine good; No Christmas wine bad.

My sister knows I love catsup and one year she wrapped up a bottle of it and gave it to me for Xmas.

One year, my mom and I were just having a long leisurely gab on the phone, like we do many weekend afternoons, and my cat was sitting near me and I told my mom (also a cat person) that I was trying to do mental telepathy with my cat. We both laughed so hard. For that Xmas she got me a book about cats and ESP. I told my sis about it and we had a good laugh. The next year, I gave the book to my sis (also a cat person). The following year she gave it back to me.

I gave my youngest nephew an industrial sized container of mustard last year. He was ecstatic! He eats mustard on EVERYTHING! I kid you not. I think it was a 5 pound container.

Another one I thought of...have you ever watched the movie "Home for the Holidays"? Its the one with Holly Hunter and Robert Downey Jr. First off, if you dont know it, find it. Its so worth it. Ive reviewed it here before and I cant say enough about it.

Anyhoo. Not to spoil anything but when Claudia loses her London Fog type coat in the airport her mother brings her one to wear. And its this HORRIBLE monstrosity of puffy coat. I was given one for Christmas in the mid 80's just like it!! I mean the exact same coat!! Mine was even blue just like the moms, Adele!!

For some reason my mother and grandmother decided every woman in the family needed one. They all LOVED them. I think my exact words were, are you kidding me?? Gawd, it was hideous! Then to see it 10 years later in that movie justified my feelings because Claudia felt the same way!

Here is the link for the movie. Now Im off to find that dang puffy coat
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_fo...ays_%28film%29

This is it! LOL!! I think mine had a wider collar but you get the idea

http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/63960...19&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=down+filled+coat&ga_search_t ype=all&ga_facet=down+filled+coat&ga_includes[]=tags&ga_view_type=gallery

Yes, those puffy coats are back in - but ick - if you want to look like a giant marshmallow!

The long ones are?? OMG! There is no way, never ever never will I swear one! My mother was a total fashion plate so I still cant figure out what she was thinking. Her's was mauve