Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thoughts on 2012: Plans, ideas, changes

Hi everyone - I am happily saying good-bye to 2011 and looking forward to 2012. Wondering what everyone is thinking about for 2012? Life changes? Vacations? Moves? New jobs?

I'm pretty sure since I've been on the adoption list for more than two years, THIS will be the year I become a mom - when, I don't know, but hopefully soon. The relationship is still up in the air, so that's just an unknown. I have GOT to lose weight - at my all-time highest. I would really like to spend more time hiking and birding. Hoping my sis and her kids will come in next Xmas.
    Christmas wine good; No Christmas wine bad.

I made a change last summer and I'm continuing on.......When I kick off (if u know what I mean), I'm gonna leave this world tired. So far so good. Life is swell!

Happy New Year!

I said this year will be one of positives. I will no longer use negative words or gestures. I have to believe there will be a better tomorrow and accept the blessing when it is.

Other than that, I demanded a meeting with the CEO in December to find out exactly what my future is with the firm. And that happened today. While things are not settled and not all answers have been given yet but I am giving them the opportunity to present some ideas to me in a few weeks. It was a closed door, open floor meeting and I was able to speak freely without repercussions. So I did. I told them I have no belief in them anymore, I wake up every morning thinking of excuses not to go in and I feel like I am being left behind. But it was all presented in a neutral tone and I gave him a chance each time to respond. Atleast the air is clear and we both know what we want. Now to figure out how to get to that point where we both are happy.

I too need to lose weight, I have gained 20lbs over the last year. I worked too hard to get this off back in 2008 so it must stop now. Alot of it is due to a medication I am on so its off to the doc Tuesday to see about a change up.

And for the first time in a VERY long time 2012 is going to be the year of *me*. I cannot take care of everyone all the time, people are going to have to start stepping up and offering help to me or just take care of themselves. I guess I learned alot last year, something positive that came out of it I guess. I learned that life really is too short, no tomorrows are promised so you better make sure when you lay your head down at night you do with peace and happiness, not dread and regrets. So right now, before I can make anyone else around me happy, I must make me happy.

January: Well, one of our van windows busted out Jan. 1, so the year didn't start out great. I determined to be glad that we had the cash to cover it, instead of asking God why this always happens to me. Turns out I know of three other people who had car issues that week too, so it wasn't just us! I always say I want to start the year out with more of the following: prayer, Bible study, ironing, cleaning, & exercise, along with eating better. As with every other year, it's not going very well! Every morning is a new day, I always say. We will continue to pay down debts, knowing that the major ones should be paid off the middle of 2013 if nothing goes wrong.

June: We're taking our camper to Myrtle Beach for a week. It will be a long drive with a 7-year-old child, but she'll be fine watching movies on the DVD! I'm excited about this, but can't get too excited until we get the tow package put on the van, which should happen after our tax refund & my longevity check from my job.

No other big plans for this year except to keep on keeping on!

Jolly Elfette Moderator
    We don't do resolutions in this house, but after a decade of living in the same area, it's time to move. Kevan's business is showing every sign of continued growth and frankly, we need to be in an area with some life in it. The Midlands have been hit very hard by the recession and neither of us see it recovering any time in the near future. If at all.

Unfortunately it may become one of the areas of England that will simply be relegated to "managed decline". That's the term used when the government has given up on a place; no more investment or incentives. You just leave the area to go downhill. Depressing, isn't it.

We've decided where we're going (southwest), and I'm hopeful Christmas 2012 will be celebrated there! I'm excited.

That is a bummer. The worldwide recession is creating such a wider gap between the rich and poor, it's not even funny. It truly is sad.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    We don't do resolutions in this house, but after a decade of living in the same area, it's time to move. Kevan's business is showing every sign of continued growth and frankly, we need to be in an area with some life in it. The Midlands have been hit very hard by the recession and neither of us see it recovering any time in the near future. If at all.

Unfortunately it may become one of the areas of England that will simply be relegated to "managed decline". That's the term used when the government has given up on a place; no more investment or incentives. You just leave the area to go downhill. Depressing, isn't it.

We've decided where we're going (southwest), and I'm hopeful Christmas 2012 will be celebrated there! I'm excited.

Well, the plans have changed some...

February: DH had his gallbladder removed & we traded the van for a crossover with a tow package. So now DH feels better & we have more debt...keep swimming!

Like so many we are just concentrating on keeping our heads above water this year.. hoping like heck no big situations come up that need serious cash.. watching my health, staying active, seeing family and friends more.. hubby and I are both on SS, and evrything keeps going up but our income... Bikes will be used, a lot, gas here is out of sight.. Hoping for a change of direction in 2012 for our country..Above all stay positive...

Funny, I was just reading back over this since the first quarter of the year has come and gone to see if anything has gone the way I said it was going to.

Uhm. Not much. I ended up with 30 extra pounds on my frame after all the steriods but Im down 7.5 and not stopping yet. Im still waiting on the second half of the meeting with my boss and lets say the taste I have in my mouth right now is not a pleasant one. And so much for the year of me, it seems its just another year of too many demands and not enough time.

Oh well, we still have 8 months left!

March & April: No crisis as of yet, still employed, paying down debts, all are healthy.

I'd love to lose 38 pounds, but I guess I don't really want to or I'd do something about it! I'm trying to adopt the attitude of doing everything in life on purpose and starting anew every day. If I take one day at a time instead of looking at the rest of my life, I know I could do great things in all areas of my life.